What a surprise to open our inbox and find a Liebster Award nomination from the lovely Julia over at Philly with a Fjallraven! The Liebster Awards are a little recognition and encouragement for bloggers, and a way to connect us all together by discovering new blogs. So we have to answer 11 questions that Julia created and nominate 11 other bloggers with 11 questions of our own. Here goes!
1. Coffee or tea?
Ray: Tea for me! SO MANY VARIETIES
A: COFFEE. That’s not even a question… next!
2. What is your favorite meal of the day?
Ray: Breakfast/brunch! Who doesn't love a stack of French toast or big ole plate of cream chipped beef on toast?
A: Breakfast (or brunch)! You can either go sweet with some French toast, or savory with a classic omelette and home fries.
3. What is your favorite place that you’ve traveled to and why?
Ray: Poland for sure. Being able to experience the culture, food and beauty of such an amazing country.
A: Probably LA - It’s warm (with no humidity), full of cool design inspiration, and land of the best and cheapest tacos I’ve ever had!
4. Which blogger(s) do you most admire?
Ray: Bri Emery over at designlovefest. I'm constantly keeping up with her through Instagram, Snapchat and of course on her blog. She's the founder and editor of designlovefest living in LA and everything she creates for her lifestyle blog is fun and exciting. Check out her latest designs at Target!
A: I may be biased because I’m her design assistant, but Monica over at East Coast Creative is a superhuman— she’s a blogger and designer, a DIY and home decorating expert, and a full-time mom, so, busy to say the least. She’s a highly motivated lady with a million and one awesome ideas!
5. When did you start blogging and why?
Ray & A: We started blogging last summer as a way for us to express our interests and create something fun for others to read. Post college, we were bored and job-less, so we put all our efforts into starting Ray & A, and are so glad we did!
6. What is the last book you read?
Ray: Looking for Alaska. If you haven't read it yet, get your hands on a copy and prepare yourself for late night readings plus deep thoughts about your life choices and experiences.
A: Let me just dust off my bookshelf...
7. If you could meet anyone (past or present) who would it be and why?
Ray: Adande Thorne, aka Swoozie on YouTube. His life stories are hilarious and he always stays true to himself. Still waiting for him to look at the Snapchat I sent him back in March…
A: Probably Jimmy Fallon. I actually just want to hear him say “EW!” In person...
8. Are you a morning or night person?
Ray: Hmm. It depends! It's quite difficult to get out of a nice comfy bed in the morning, but I definitely cherish sleep. Weekends are when I'm more of a night owl.
A: I’m an (after 8am and coffee) morning person!
9. For April Fools’ Day, have you ever pulled a prank and what was your best one?
Ray: I was able to prank my mom two years in a row and twice in one day with the same prank putting a rubber band on the sink sprayer. You think she would have learned to check after the first time… Hehe
A: I took one of those little clear rubber bands and put it on the handle of the sink sprayer… and was my mom ever MAD.
10. What was your latest blog post about and where do you get inspiration?
Ray & A: We did a DIY post on how to repurpose old Altoid tins into little storage kits for travel. They’re such great little containers, and it’s a shame to just throw them away, so we thought we’d make them useful!
11. What is the number one thing on your bucket list?
Ray: To travel somewhere I have never explored before! I love experiencing new surroundings.
A: Go to Rome with nothing but a sketchbook and a suitcase. Okay, I guess a passport too...
Here are some bloggers, creatives, and boss IGers we’re nominating:
Renée from Renée Nicolo Photography
Monica from East Coast Creative
Jess from The Craftery
Melissa from design equals love
Emily from Land and She
Olivia from Laura Olivia Photography
Erika from Lark & Lace
Rachel from The Crafted Life
Chaucee from Streets and Stripes
Camille from Positive Publicity Blog
Kendall from Buttons and Blossoms
And here are our questions:
- City or Country person?
- Cats or Dogs?
- What’s the most challenging part about blogging, and why?
- If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
- If you could throw any themed party right now, what would it be?
- When and why did you start blogging?
- What’s your dream job?
- What are you binge-watching on Netflix right now?
- What’s your favorite fashion era?
- If you could be an expert on one subject/topic, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite thing to do on the weekends?